Upload and attach your files
Start selling digital files of any kind with Filemonk
Last Update vor 5 Monaten
To get started with selling digital content on your Shopify store, you need to make your files available - either by uploading them or providing the link if it's externally hosted - on Filemonk.
Before you do so, please make sure to have your Shopify products created and ready to attach files to. Follow this guide from Shopify. If your product is a digital item only (that is, it does not contain anything physical), make sure to uncheck the "This is a physical product" checkbox.
When you're done, click Products in the left menu bar of Filemonk's dashboard to get started.
From the Products page
- Search for a product by its name or select one from the list here.
- Next, select if the file should be available to customers who download any variant of the product or if it should be available for a specific variant. If it's a specific variant, select that variant.
- Click "Upload files", "Create file from link" or "Attach existing file" to attach a file to the product/variant.
If you'd like to stream audio/video content, control how many times customer can access their files and prevent sharing of files, you need to upload your files to Filemonk.
1. Click "Upload files" above the search bar.
2. Select your files in the dialog box. (Hint: you can select multiple at a time)
Create file from link
If your file is hosted externally (Dropbox, GDrive etc), you need to provide Filemonk with its link.
1. Click "Create file from link" above the search bar.
2. Enter the file name and URL in the popup that appears.
Attach existing file
1. Search for a file using the search bar or select a file in the popup.
2. Click "Attach to this product" to associate it with this product/variant.
That's it! Your files are now attached to products. When a customer places an order containing any of the products you attached files to, they will receive an email containing a link to download the files.
You can also upload files from the Files page. After uploading files there, head to the Products page to associate them by clicking "Attach existing file".
If you run into any issues, please reach out to me via the Support widget or at [email protected]